Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mini summer vacay

Saturday, August 9th

After a 1 half hour boat ride from Marina, I arrived at Putri Island with my parents, sister, uncle and aunt, and some of my cousins. They all slept during the boat ride but I could not. I still cant imagine anyone falling asleep during their travels. Same goes for me on planes, I cant sleep because of the constant pressure changes, let alone the sound of the engine screaming in your eardrums. Once we reached port on the island, the family decided to take a nap AGAIN since we missed the glass bottom boat attraction on the island. Who would want to see fishes through clogged out viewing windows anyway. Besides, I'd rather go swim in the ocean with my snorkel and see them up close. The rest of the family had different plans and would not want to go swim with me.

snorkelling spot is on the end of that pier
I Jumped in the water and just skim there for awhile, soaking in the ocean water while the rest of the family watched me on the shores of the beach. I manage to get my cousins and dad wet in the water. My cousins and Aunt left wanting to get "proper swimming clothes". Me and my dad had board shorts on so we took of our tops and dip in. Dad wasnt much of a maverick and just floated in one spot under the shade of the trees, props for getting in the water with me though. We met up with my cousins on the snorkeling spot on the island. I dived in fin-less. My cousin warned me about the dangers known as the sea urchin, stingray, and the cloaked stone fish. After a brief lunch break I went out and rented out some fins from the dive shop for me and a 2nd pair for anyone who wanted it, in that afternoons case was was my sist.

My aunt and uncle sit the afternoon off so only Me, my sist, and my cousins went back in the water. Now here is the thing, I know my sist couldnt use a snorkel because she isnt used to breathe through her mouth when she is swimming. I made sure she can breathe by making her put on the gear while we were on dry land. She insisted that she can use a snorkel so we went to the pier and dropped in... all of us besides my sister. She was scared of the sea urchins. We assured her that there were no sea urchins in the vicinity of the pier (there were a whole mess of them UNDER the pier). She finally dropped in the water after about 5 minutes of constant debate about the urchins. Now theres another problem, she cant use a snorkel. The snorkelling session turned into a "teaching Karin how to snorkel" session.


We went on a sunset cruise at about 5 pm. The cruise was just a boat ride around the isle of the thousand islands with a grand finale of watching the sun literally "set" on the ocean. The boat was packed on the upper deck seats. Everyone wants to be up top to see the sun. They ran out of seats but due to high demand, they let people sit or stand on the sides of the boat like I did. I like it this way, I felt like I was a real legit "seaman". I dont need seats anyway, because my family wanted me to take pictures of them so it was a win win. The sunset view was ok I guess. I never had a chance to see how a sun really sets, everybody got their timers on. What are they? some kind of scientist or something? Maybe they just wanted to know how long does it take for the sun to set on the horizon.

The first day on the Island was a bit of a fuzz because I had to put get our checked baggage in our rooms, not to mention the exhaustion of travel setting in, so I didnt have much time to go do stuff I really want to do. Hope I can go Snorkeling for real tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment