Monday, July 22, 2013

Orchard stroll #xxx

18/07/2013


Today I woke up like the days before. After abruptly woken up at 4 in the morning for sahur, I crashed afterwards until about 11 in the morning. I finish my morning routines and watched some warped roadies on my iphone until 12 when Karin gave me a call to meet her at the bus to go to orchard. 

Orchard road is a one stop shopping place in singapore. Even with my frequent visits to singapore, I can never get tired of this place. Its like a huge venus fly trap which lures me by saying "cmon mate, come here and buy stuff". Guess there's just things you cant say no to. Anywho, today is a day for mummy because I've been here yesterday and bought stuff for me already. I went to takashimaya to buy some anne kelly for my mum, I also grabbed me some monsters university doll for a friend back home. Which reminds me, I need to see that movie when I have the chance.

After Taka I went home with Karin and chilled for a couple of hours. Mum called and it turns out we bought the wrong size dress at anne kelly. Karin whined and didnt want to exchange it. Me being the sport I am and wasnt on my period, volunteered to exchange it. It was still on the same day as purchase anyway and I havent took out the tag so it has a high chance of the shop keeper to let me change it, so long as they have the size I want. Just then, Hasya called my sist asking us to go to ramen ten at orchard for breakfast tonight. Like I said, orchards a big magnet.

We head back out to orchard at around 4:30. Karin was on her period and is low on energy. She gladly volunteers to tag us a table at ramen ten while I go back to anne kelly. The lady on the evening shift was nicer, she remembers me and says her regards to my mum back home. On my way out from tala, Karin told me that Hasya's at sephora in ion and needs help buying a fuel band at nike afterwards. I went to sephora because its still an hour until breakfast and I'd rather walk around wasting time then sitting at the restaurant getting hungry looking at the menus. Me and Hasya didnt buy the fuel band because it wasnt available yet in the sg nike store. Bummer.



It was almost breakfast so we head on to ramen ten in far east plaza to meet Karin. I had some 1 dollar sushi and some ramen. The waiters at ramen ten were spread as thin as a wet t shirt. No, if there was a "the most perverted wet t shirt contest ever" here, the waiters were spread way thinner than the t shirts at said contest. It took them forever to get drinks out, and even more longer to get our food. We cant call them because they were nowhere to be found when we needed them.


After our breakfast, Karin wanted to go home but we dragged out anyway to buy some Ice cream at old man in front of née ann city. Theres a line now because they are famous now, I used to buy from them when they were still using bikes here, now they managed to weld a motorcycle to their portable ice cream stall. We also managed to persuade Karin to let us stroll around orchard for a while. Cmon karin, its late in sg and you want to go home? The spree didn't last as it was 9 o clock and I was getting tired too. Good thing about tonight is that the landlord lent me her impy mattress to put on my squeaky bed for tonight to add padding for the hard wood...

No comments:

Post a Comment