Sunday, May 19, 2013

The game that made me play...

As you know, I am an avid gamer. I've been gaming since i was in gradeschool, back then my parents had to ration the times which I play, but when Im bigger, I have developed my own system of dividing the time for me to play my games (so that means I play responsibly).


 Anyway, this last couple of months I've been glued to my seat playing a gem known as DC universe online or "dcuo" for short. Dcuo is a mmorpg or massively multiplayer online role playing game. It is available on pc and in my case which is the ps3. I actually have played this back in 2012 when one of my New Zealandeese friendstold me about this game. I tried it because it has a free to play policy for it, although some of the cool stuff are reserved for players who pay- to play more. But I got bored a week ago and started playing again. In this game, you get to play as either a hero, or be a bad villain. Think of it just like world of warcraft except you get to run around in tights with your favorite heroes or villains from the DC universe.

The character creation settings are based on 3 different power origins. The Meta origins which are mentored by Superman or Lex luthor, the magic origin with wonderwoman or circee as mentors, and finally a tech origin with batman or the joker as their mentors. My first character was a magic guy with mental powers, I played until my character was level 23 but then I stopped because the quest's were getting too hard for me. The character Im leveling now is a tech-gunslinger named "mastermakoko". Yes, the name is a bit pushing it but its still better than "smileb4death", or "xDeaThKittyx".

The game mechanics are great, the story depends on the origins you choose, and you get to play an mmorpg in a ps3. The game is so huge that I've contracted the Skyrim disease, which means I always spare time to play no matter what!

So Im almost at level 30 which is the max level and my current target, and Im curious how this will turn out. So until then, I will be on my ps3.

No comments:

Post a Comment